Before you get started…
Make sure you have the following information on hand:
- Legal name of your business name
- Registered address for your business
- Type of business & business structure (LLC, Corporation, Partnership, etc…)
- Employee Identification Number (EIN)
- Industry category
- Business website
- Product description (Leasing dry and wet storage for boats, boat slip leases, etc…)
- Personal details of a person authorized to sign on behalf of your organization
- Legal name
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Social Security Number
- Identity Document (Government issued identification)
- Routing and account info for a payout account (This is where your money will go)
- Statement descriptor (What your customers will see on their bank statement)
- Customer support phone number
- Customer support address
Why do you need this information?
Dockhound partners with Stripe to offer best-in-class secure payment processing. Stripe requires the above information to confirm that your business is real and eligible to accept payments. We (Dockhound) do not store this information in our database, and cannot access any sensitive details like SSN, identity documents, or bank information.
Create your Stripe account
To get started, click on “Setup payouts” from the Payouts screen in Dockhound.
Complete the onboarding instructions that follow. When you’re done, you will be sent back to a screen that looks like this:
At this point, your business is under review by Stripe, and should be approved in a few minutes if all of the information was entered correctly. To check the status of your review, click on the “Review account details” button shown in the screenshot above.
When your account is approved, you’ll see some high level balance information on the payouts screen. You’re now ready to start creating leases in Dockhound.